Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review: The Dom with the Perfect Brats by Sorcha Black, Leia Shaw, Cari Silverwood



Book: The Dom with the Perfect Brats
Badass Brats #3
Authors: Sorcha Black, Leia Shaw, Cari Silverwood
Erotic Romance, BDSM, Mff menage

Blurb:


Godfrey Cross is a big, tattooed Dom with no tolerance for brats. But when he meets two mouthy vanilla girls, he begins to see their charm.

Gemma and Izzy seem more into each other than into him and he
wonders if he's wasting his time. Yet despite the clash between his strict version of BDSM and their rebellious natures, he finds himself growing to love them.

When his need for control tears their relationship apart, they must learn to compromise or they will lose each other. People may not be perfect, but could these two be perfect for him?

"Good girls get spanked. Bad girls get punished."

This book was filled with fun banter and hot sex. The characters were...  What? I lost you at hot sex? Snap out of it and pay attention! Okay. So the story and character development - the story flowed well and moved along at a good pace. The characters - Cross, Izzy, and Gemma - were all very likable and that's very important. At least for me, cause if I don't like the characters I wouldn't care about their romance and wouldn't be able to get into their sex scenes either. I didn't run into that issue here. 

"Lesson one. A smart mouth gives you a sore ass."

Just as with the first book, The Dom with a Safeword (see my review here), this is a menage with two very cute brats (Gemma and Izzy) who are genuinely bisexual (even if one of them doesn't know it at first) and their affection for each other comes through in the story. And, just as I said with the first book, I love that they aren't at each others' throats fighting over Cross. They're all into each other and, while there are moments of conflict and doubt and insecurity, it's not jealousy and it's never catty. The sex between them was absolutely HOT. It had girl on girl, big bad Dom, some well written BDSM, and lots of bratting. Now, personally, I'm not a big fan of brats (again, I said all of this before, but bear with me), but Gemma and Izzy's banter and witty jabs at Cross were really cute.

"Sassiness from the piƱata isn't recommended."

What I will note about this, though, is that at some points I felt that there was a little bit of a disconnect between what the girls were thinking and what came out of their mouths. When they first met Cross, he was big and bad and scary, and they thought lots of terrifying thoughts and quaked a little bit in their panties, but when they opened their mouths these smart-assed remarks would just fly out. There were a few times when I was surprised that they had enough wits about them to smart off to him, but then maybe that was the result of foot-in-mouth syndrome that cannot be controlled under pressure. Who knows? I have a similar observation about Cross - I think he could have been more badass as a Dom, but I also get that he had to tone it down to not scare off the girls. There were a few incidents where I thought he went too easy on them and wanted to write to the National Dom Association to complain about false advertising and to take away his Big Bad Dom t-shirt. But, again, within the story it worked overall and there were a few moments where the D/s interactions were so hot that my panties melted off.

"'What did I do?'

'Stood there looking spankable, that's what.'"

Okay - the basics - the writing was great, I especially liked the light tone and the humor and I felt that the authors dealt with the emotionally heavy parts well too. The sex was HOT, there was a super hot BDSM scene that I'd say rated way high on my hotness scale, but I won't tell you where it is in the book, you have to read it to figure it out. There was also one of the sweetest "aww" moments here too, though it's not related to the hotness scene. The character development was good and the story was interesting with some unexpected plot twists. I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it highly. 

Purchase Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment