Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Kept by Zoe Winters



Book: Kept
Author: Zoe Winters
Paranormal, This is not the typical erotica genre that I review. There is sexual innuendo, some explicit language and some sex, however, it is not explicit erotica. 

Blurb:


As a cat therian (shifter), Greta’s blood is already sought after to enhance spells and potions, but due to a quirk of her birth, her blood is potent enough to kill for. When her tribe plans to sacrifice her, Greta must ally herself with Dayne, the dangerous local sorcerer, and the only person strong enough to protect her.

This is the first installment in the Blood Lust series. It is novella length and a really quick read. I really enjoyed it, it moved quickly and had an interesting plot line. It kept me guessing until the end. I liked Greta and Dayne, their chemistry was tangible and their banter was fun to read. I wished for some more explicit, kinky sex, but I knew going in that was not how this author writes, so I can't really be disappointed about that. I will just have to use my imagination. 

I really liked how Zoe Winters built an alternate world with her own rules for her shape shifters, magic users, vampires, and demons. You don't actually get to meet the demons until a few books later, but minor details. I would recommend this book and I would suggest reading Claimed and Mated in order one after the other. You can check out my review of Claimed HERE and the review for Mated is coming soon. 

You can try out Kept for free by going to Zoe's website.

Purchase Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment