Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In the mood for something dark? Read Big Sky by Kitty Thomas (Review)

I've been on a Kitty Thomas kick for a few weeks now. I read everything she's written, with the exception of the bulk of Guilty Pleasures... as I explained in a previous post I just couldn't get through that one. I'm looking forward to Brian's story though. Kitty promised that we're going to love him. And I believe her. I'm also very excited for Mafia Captive that is going to be released within the next week!! So so excited!

UPDATE: Mafia Captive has (obviously) been out for a while now and my review can be found HERE.

I just finished Big Sky and it's so twisted and dark and has some taboos that I can't help but find hot. It's just so dirty and wrong, yet so right within the story. Here's my review:




Book: Big Sky
Author: Kitty Thomas
Dark Erotic Romance, BDSM

Blurb:

Veronica Cason lives in a small apartment with no clear view of the sky. It’s uncertain which might crush her first: her debt or the buildings squeezed in so tight that they surround her like ominous sentinels. She can’t breathe in the city. Her success is a lie, and her debt is coming to collect her—unless someone else gets there first.

When a stranger offers her a job at a ranch, it feels like salvation, but it could also mean her death if his motives aren’t pure. Which door has the tiger behind it? The claustrophobia of the city or ranch life under an open sky?

If you enjoy non consent fantasies then you will LOVE Big Sky and really anything else that Kitty Thomas puts out. The quality of the writing is excellent. As soon as I started reading I felt like I stepped right into Veronica's life and into her head, though I didn't always like what I found there. And at certain parts of the story, I really wanted to step into her body. Alas, I had to settle for reading about the deliciously degrading, scary, painful, and super pleasurable things Luke did to her and made her do... Without giving anything away, there was one taboo fetish that some people might find weird, but was super sexy all the same. Probably because it was taboo and weird and degrading.

There was lots of conflict, both external and internal as Veronica struggled to make sense of her life, her situation, and her feelings. Luke is a complicated character. There are times when you just don't know what to think of him. Is he good? Is he evil? Is he crazy? He fit some stereotypes of all three and it was easy to both love and hate him. Or maybe it was hard to love him and hard to hate him. Is there a difference? Either way, it was very easy to fear him in a wet-your-pants kind of way and sometimes in a soak-your-panties kind of way! Yes, there's a difference. ;-)

I highly recommend this book if you are open to being taken to a darker place and enjoy some really twisted taboo scenarios.


Purchase Link:

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too and I also enjoyed the taboo fetish! The whole scenario was so much a turn on. I am eagerly awaiting Mafia Captive - the latest excerpt on Kitty's site has got me wanting more and I want it now! Tina from www.areadersreviewblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! I've been checking daily to see if there is some news that I might have somehow missed from Kitty's Facebook updates. It looks so good. The excerpt was mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete